Something might be missing in your life, but what is it exactly?
I remember asking myself this question when I didn’t know what my passion was and I didn’t know what to do with my life.
What am I truly missing? I had to sit down for a while and think about it, which was a little alarming in itself.
But after some soul searching, I had answers.
I couldn’t pinpoint exactly what I was missing, but I could definitely identify which feelings and emotions I was missing:
To get those feelings, I knew I had to connect them with actions and activities I could start integrating instantly in my life.
I thought about it for a while, and then actively began doing things I knew would give me those 4 feelings on a day-to-day basis:
* To feel free I started going to coffee shops by myself, and with a delicious cappuccino in my hands I would look out the window and watch people walk by.
* To feel inspired I starting reading books from authors I didn’t already know.
* To feel more present I started teaching children English once per week (there’s nothing like hanging out with children to be 100% present).
* To have more fun I consciously began to worry less and laugh more. I forced myself to be more spontaneous.
That was a side of me I had to start working on to develop. To have fun didn’t come “naturally” to me at that time.
It was my responsibility to feel the way I wanted to feel.
It had never occurred to me that I had the power every day to choose to do something that would meet my needs for freedom, inspiration, presence and fun.
What a revelation.
Now, it’s your turn and I’ve created a free printable for today’s exercise. Click here to download it.
Now, ask yourself:
– Which feelings are you missing?
Do you wish you were happier, more excited, more calm, more free, more fun?
Then, ask yourself this:
– How can you translate those feelings into actions today and the rest of this week?
Write your answers down in today’s printable.
This exercise is about looking at life as a smaller entity and not waiting until you’re where you really want to be to feel free or inspired.
You don’t need to put off feeling the emotions you’re longing for, even if you’re not where you want to be yet.
So download your printable, go to a coffee shop, order a delicious cup of coffee and give yourself the time and space to truly reflect on these questions.
Happy coffee break,